Finnish firm announces ambitious ESG targets
25th May 2023
Finnish real estate firm Citycon has updated its 2030 sustainability strategy to include new focus areas such as circularity and biodiversity.
The company owns a €4.2 billion portfolio of mixed-use developments in the Nordic region.
“We have updated our focus areas, objectives and measurements, all set out to achieve our long-term goals. We are very proud of what we have achieved the previous years, but we always strive to further improve,” said Kirsi Simola-Laaksonen, chief information officer and responsible for sustainability at Citycon.
Citycon’s new sustainability strategy includes six focus areas:
- Carbon neutrality by 2030
- Promoting sustainable mobility
- Citycon centres acting as community hubs
- Developing a sustainable value chain
- Promoting circularity and biodiversity
- Committing to transparent and credible sustainability actions