Finnish firm announces ambitious ESG targets
Finnish real estate firm Citycon has updated its 2030 sustainability strategy to include new focus areas such as circularity and biodiversity.
The company owns a €4.2 billion portfolio of mixed-use developments in the Nordic region.
“We have updated our focus areas, objectives and measurements, all set out to achieve our long-term goals. We are very proud of what we have achieved the previous years, but we always strive to further improve,” said Kirsi Simola-Laaksonen, chief information officer and responsible for sustainability at Citycon.
Citycon’s new sustainability strategy includes six focus areas:
- Carbon neutrality by 2030
- Promoting sustainable mobility
- Citycon centres acting as community hubs
- Developing a sustainable value chain
- Promoting circularity and biodiversity
- Committing to transparent and credible sustainability actions